December 2017 Playlist
One of the questions I get asked most often on Instagram is "What song is that?" I enjoy finding new music so I thought I'd share a little playlist every month here. It's generally an odd assortment of new and old, rock and indie and instrumental. Since not everyone uses the same music service, I'm simply sharing of list of 10 songs with links to Amazon (not an affiliate) so you can listen to a sample, look them up in your favorite music service, and add them to your own playlist or music library.
Christmas music is extra special to me. My mom would begin listening to it on Labor Day and, as a musician, that's about when we began learning new music for the Christmas season. Most of my favorites are personal recordings from groups I've sung with over the years but they aren't widely available so here are a few more main-stream recordings I listen to throughout the season.
10 songs on my iPod:
- Gabriel's Message by Sting
- White Christmas by The Carpenters
- Room In the Inn by Eclipse 6 (I sang with 4 of these 6 fantastic guys. They are such fun performers. If you get a chance to see them live, do it!)
- Some Children See Him by The Blenders
- Ah, Bleak and Chill the Wintry Wind by Singers Unlimited
- Only at Christmas Time by Sufjan Stevens
- Pie Jesu by Christina England Hale (Christina is incredibly talented and a very dear friend of mine.)
- It's Christmas Time/Deck the Halls by The Sun Valley Carolers (I'm not in this recording but was a Sun Valley Caroler in college and sang with many of these singers)
- Good King Weceslas by The Manhattan Transfer
- O, Come All Ye Faithful by Take 6
Bonus: If you're a fan of Hamilton, some friends I used to sing with in college (Eclipse 6 I mentioned above) made a Christmas parody last year called Hamildolph. The Youtube video is a gem!